Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mother's Day Out

Well Kaylor officially started Mother's Day Out this week! I was a little nervous and really didn't know how it would be. I have heard how much my mom friends' LOVE mother's day out so we did it! Well, the first day my mom dropped her off and she cried, which I could not believe! I am not exaggerating when I say this, but she has NEVER once cried when I have left her some where. She usually says "Bye!" and waves. Even in the church nursery she just takes off and never looks back at me. (I know this is a good thing, but it does hurt a little when she doesn't care that I leave her) :) But when I picked her up this week her teachers said she did great! However, they did say that she talked to the other kids during nap time a little too much but she finally feel asleep. (I can't imagine what she was even attempting to say because all I hear in the mornings are Mama!! Daddy!! Bunny!! and Paci (pacifier)!!) And, can you believe they get 16 month olds to lay on a cot in a dark room all together and they fall asleep?? I am amazed at that!!

I had to get a picture of Kaylor after I picked her up on the first day: (she loved to hold her bag)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh sweet little Kaylor! I hope she does better in the coming days with the dropping off! That has got to be tough on you, she looks precious!

~The Taylor Family~ said...

Oh, I can definitely relate to this one w/the daycare thing! Addison has never cried when leaving her w/someone or even when someone wants to pick her up and hold her. This was her 2nd week @ daycare...did great the first week. Now,she realizes what's going on and cries when I leave her! It gets easier, I guess. They say it only lasts a minute. She has been pretty cranky when she gets home too. She does fine there though:) It might have had a little to do w/cutting another tooth~just hasn't felt well. Anyway, Addie loves it there and they love her. Kaylor will do great!