Monday, April 14, 2008

Kaylor Brooke is Here!!



Finally we have come home with our little girl. Kaylor was born last Tuesday, April 8th at 10:15 in the morning. She weighed 8 pounds 14 ounces and was 21 1/2 inches long-BIG BABY to be a week early! Going back to the day before, I had my 39 week doctors visit. Right when I got in there they checked my blood pressure (which was high) and saw my increased swelling and the doctor casually said " Go check in to the hospital, it is time to have the baby". We had no bags and had no idea we were going in to have the doctor tell us she was inducing me.
They induced me at 2:00 a.m. on Tuesday and after a long night of waiting, she was delivered at 10:15 a.m. Unfortunately I had some complications after delivery and had to stay in the hospital until Sunday. The doctors would not let me have any visitors because of my high blood pressure, which I still have, so I did not get to see all of my friends. However we have a healthy baby girl that we are crazy about now. I am still very weak, but each day gets a little easier.
We appreciate all of the phone calls and prayers from everyone. We still need your prayers until my complications clear up, but we are so blessed to have such a healthy child. We will be in touch
with updates and pictures.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

She is beautiful!We can't wait to meet her. We want to bring you dinner but want to wait until you are stronger. Hang in there and enjoy that beautiful baby! Our prayers are with you.

Nicki and Don said...

Kaylor is just beautiful! So glad you guys finally got to come home. I have been thinking about you. Hope everything clears up soon!! Take care.

Asher and Amy said...

Kaylor is so beautiful. I love the pictures. I hope you will feel better very quickly. I will be praying for you. You look great. Relax it will all work out. House work etc. will get done eventually. Don't worry anything, try and relax. Enjoy the moments you have.

Talk to you soon.--Amy

Jonathan and Ashley Wayland said...

Congratulations! Kaylor is such a beautiful baby! I hope you get feeling better soon. Jonathan and I are thinking about you all!