Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Comfy Covers in the works....

   I have been working on a little project for a while now... 
Some of you may know that I started sewing/embroidering little things for Kaylor and friends over a year ago and I have grown to LOVE it.  Well, one of my favorite things that I made about a year ago was a shopping cart/high chair cover.  When I was looking for a cover, I could not find one that was thick and cute.  So, I decided to make one.  After some changes and creating a good pattern that worked perfect for a mom, I have created one that I love and I think other moms would love too. 
Here is my sample:  

Cover on the high chair:

My first batch of them is in the process of  being done.  I have a boutique that has committed to sell some of them, so I am excited about that!  There are about 8 choices of fabric right now, all designer, which makes the quality of them so nice!  They are also super thick, easy to wash and dry, have their own seat belt system (so you don't have to use the ones that are attached to the cart), and most importantly it helps keeps all of those germs off of your child!
I will also be selling them myself along with a local boutique .  So think....shower gifts and christmas!  They will be professionally packaged and ready to wrap :)  If you want to put in a pre-order for one you can email me at courtney2017@yahoo.com  for more details.
 It will be about 4 weeks before my first group is done.  I will post later when they are ready!
I'm so excited about this because it is something that I love to do!

Here are some of the options you will see in some future covers.
 If you like one of these just let me know through email:
                      
                             Carnival                                   Daisy (pictured)


                             Zoology                                                Blue Disco


                            Pink Disco                                           Damask


                                        Lolli Dot                                           

                              

Multi Colored Disco Dots
(can line with blue/pink depending on gender)

3 comments:

dyhale said...

That is so cute! I can't wait to see more of them. I wish more people would use these. I saw a lady in the grocery store with her little girl in the front part of the cart. The little girl had on a short dress with nothing covering her diaper... gross! I always wipe that part with the Clorox wipe for that very reason. This cover keeps germs off your kids, but also keeps their germs off the cart for other people. My rant in over.

~The Taylor Family~ said...

Congrats on getting them in a boutique...which one?! I love the one you made for me and use it all the time. I'm gonna see if my friend wants one for later. She just had a little boy. Do you have boy patterns? Love the pink and brown flower pattern. I may get another one later to keep in Scott's car:)

jen said...

wow... love it..
Jen B