Saturday, May 24, 2008

Summer Time

Well I have not been doing a good job at updating my blog this month. I will get better, it is that I have been soooo busy. I went back to coaching Beech softball and we lost last night in the state championship. It was great to get back on the field, but it was very hard juggling that and little Kaylor. Thank goodness for my family being here for some babysitting (I don't think they cared too much :) I am also finishing up my Masters Degree and it is not a very good idea to try to go to school and have a newborn. I only have 4 weeks left until I am done, so I decided to push it out and finish. When I am at home with Kaylor, I really do not have a lot of down time. Between the feeding, pumping, laundry, cleaning, and school work, I feel like there is not enough time in the day. I will say that she has been sleeping for about 6-7 hours a night! Yes--my six 1/2 week old baby started this last week and I know I am very lucky for this. I hope she continues, it is great to get 6 hours of straight sleep!!


Kaylor Brooke is changing everyday-literally. Each day I see her she looks a little different and gets a little bigger. I try to take pictures and video of her all the time because of this. I will post the most recent pictures of her below and some of my favorites. If you noticed the very clear and professional looking picture of Kaylor at the top of my blog, it was taken by my great friend Alison Harris' husband Josh. He has started his own business of photography and he was nice enough to snap a couple of Kaylor when he came by to visit the other day. He does such a good job and I will be using him for her 3 month pictures soon!


I will be sure and do a better job at updating our blog. I am so glad summer time is here!

Kaylor during bathtime. She absolutely LOVES getting a bath.

Getting ready for bed after bath time. There is nothing sweeter than a baby after her bath, such a great baby smell!!

This is Kaylor's friend Jaxon, one of our best friend's son. We are neighbors and can not wait until they can start playing together. They were born 2 weeks apart.

Kaylor in her boppy just hanging out.

1 comment:

Jonathan and Ashley Wayland said...

Hey Guys! Kaylor is so adorable - and that Jaxon is pretty cute, too, if I do say so myself! I think they make an excellent pair. She just needs to give him some sleeping tips. I can't wait to have more play dates with the two of them. Maybe next time they will stay awake during it! See you all soon!