Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Kerry's Birthday and the Doctor!!

Today is Kerry's birthday, which I did not see him until supper time. We went to eat at Shane's (yes, Shane's Ribshack)--he is pretty easy to please! This is where he chose after a long day in the gym. We also enjoyed desert at Maggie Moo's afterwards and then called it a night.

Today was also Kaylor's 2 month check up at the doctor. This was the one I have been dreading for a while now--the vaccinations!! I always heard my friends saying how hard it was for them to take their child to get shots. I always thought in my head "why, every kid has to get shots-why would you get so upset?" Well I was wrong, it was hard! Kerry could not even go with us! So here I am holding down my daughter as the nurse gave her three shots in the leg. The sad part was she was so happy on the table, smiling and cooing, and then it quickly went to a screaming cry (the one where they can't catch their breath). It broke my heart!! When I was finally able to pick her up, she just curled up tight against me in pain. It was all I could do to not start crying. I had tears just sitting in my eyes. I can tell her little legs are so sore tonight, but its all part of it. I'm just glad it is over with. She weighed 13 pounds 1 ounce and was 24 1/4 inches long. She was in the 95th percentile!! The doctor said she will be tall.

So it was an eventful day. Happy Birthday Kerry!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Courtney! Shots are the worst. I cried the first time-and have been on the verge at every shot visit since. If you ask, they might let you hold her next time. I get to hold Chase and he seems to do a little better when I am holding him. Hope you are doing well! Can you believe she is two months already?

Unknown said...

Guess I should have signed my name in the last comment-sorry.
Hubbell

Heather said...

Hey girl, thanks for the comment you left me. So sweet. I sent you an email about swim lessons if you think you might want to put her in it. I know she's little, but I've seen babies her age in them. I would love to have you join us. Love ya! Heather

Nicki and Don said...

Hi Courtney! Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Sorry Kaylor's shots were so hard. How is everything else going?
Nicki