Monday, January 26, 2009

Trish Hodgson

It seems pretty sad that I am writing about another person that has passed away in the past couple of weeks, but I couldn't go without saying how awesome this lady was. Mrs. Trish Hodgson was my physical education advisor and teacher at Lipscomb. She was awesome!! She passed away from ovarian cancer, and she did not go with out a fight. She tried everything, but stayed very positive through it all. She was only 58 years old, and actually started women's athletics at Lipscomb. She taught me SO MUCH and gained respect from many with how well she taught and coached. She was the most ATHLETIC woman I can honestly say I have been around. She would beat everyone in our classes in any sport-seriously. She was a Canadian Olympic badminton player and she would hit the birdie so hard we couldn't see it. When we were doing double dutch during our jump rope lesson, she would jump right in with us. Guys around campus would make appointments to play her in raquetball, badminton, tennis, etc. and they would ALWAYS lose.
Besides the fact that she was an incredible athlete, teacher, and coach, she also taught us how to be a godly person. She loved the Lord and you could see that in everything she did. I am fortunate that I was her student and friend. Everyone celebrated her life yesterday and it turned out great. She was definitely loved and she will be missed greatly.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh man, Courtney, I am so sorry to hear about this and I will be praying for you and her family. Sounds like she was an awesome influence for you and that must bring a smile to your face. Praying!