Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter

This Easter was the first time Kaylor could actually understand an easter egg hunt and know she was getting a easter basket. When I asked her what she wanted from the Easter Bunny, her answer was always "paper". She LOVES to draw so she wanted some more blank sheets of paper to draw on. (She also chooses to draw on our back door and floor with markers, but thankfully after some elbow grease those drawings were cleaned up). We were invited to an easter egg hunt from a boy in her class at school. It was such a cute party, with a real easter bunny, face painting, and tons of toys for the kids to play with. Here are a couple of pictures from the party: Before church on Easter Sunday we got ready early and planned on some extra time for pictures. It took a lot of tries because we had to use the timer, but we finally got some family pictures with everyone looking at the camera. My favorite picture of us got our dog walking in the middle of it (of course) but I'm still going to share it:

Here is Kaylor Easter Morning putting on her bunny ears:

This is Kaylor's Easter basket. Let me just quickly mention that she is obsessed with Hot Wheels and cars!! We even recently got a hot wheels track that goes across our entire living room, but that's for another post. So her basket was hot wheels, paper, and peeps. I have a low maintenance child :)

As I mentioned earlier, our plan was to have plenty of time to take pictures and make it to church on time, but of course it didn't happen. As we went outside to take pictures, Kaylor fell and skinned her knee up, which we didn't even know was skinned up because she got right back up and took off running. So as we are done taking our last picture I look at Kerry and see blood all over his Easter shirt inside his jacket and Kaylor has blood all on the inside of her new Easter dress. Then I am taking Kerry's shirt to the laundry room and Kaylor comes running by and trips over my feet and busts her chin on the floor. It didn't bleed, but it was a bad bruise and strawberry. We finally make it in to church with a bloody dress and a bruised chin. The life of having a 2 year old!

On Sunday afternoon we went over to my parents house for another Easter Egg hunt and some lunch. Here are a couple of pictures from there:


Hope everyone had a great Easter!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love the pictures, your family is beautiful! Kaylor is getting so big, can't wait to see her this summer! Glad you guys had a great Easter!

Allie said...

Courtney.. She is growing up so fast and absolutely a beautiful little girl!!!

~The Taylor Family~ said...

Love the pics! That's funny(not really)that all of that happened to you guys before leaving! I totally understand and we have lots of things like that happen to us too! BTW...so weird that the girls had the same Easter basket. When I fund it, the first thing I thought of was "I wonder if Courtney could put her name on it", but I wasn't sure if there was enough room. I'll have to let you do it later. I do have a couple of things I may be getting to ya soon:)