Monday, August 4, 2008

Monkeying Around

O.K., So about a year ago Kerry calls me one day while I was at the flea market to tell me that there is a monkey on our fence in the backyard. Of course my answer was "Yeah, right--a monkey!?! Like the kind at the zoo? Aren't those illegal?"
So, I never saw the monkey when I got home and it was an on going joke that he was the only one to see a monkey that really didn't exist. Well one day when I was at home right after Kaylor was born, I happened to look out my back window and saw a glimpse of a monkey in our neighbors yard that lived behind us. I took pictures for proof, but I didn't see it for very long.
Well.....today Lexie was whining to go outside and right when I opened the back door that monkey was sitting on our fence about 10 feet away staring at me. Lexie and Bailey start going crazy while Kaylor was crying for food. I had to grab the video camera to prove that there is a monkey that lives at our neighbors house and that it was making noises at me in my yard. I saw a woman walking beside the monkey, so I went over there to ask her about this. She said that her name is Jasmine and she is 9 years old and has her own bedroom in their home!! I couldn't believe she had a pet monkey. It reminded me of the FRIENDS episodes with Ross and Marcel. Thankfully Kerry came home right after our dogs were going crazy to get them back in the house.
Here is the video from today:

No comments: