Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Start of a New School Year

I have been so busy lately getting ready for school with lesson plans and scheduling. It has been nice to start this semester part time, I feel like I am getting the best of both worlds. Seeing all the kids again today was also fun. It had been a while since I have seen them, especially not being pregnant.
I feel like Kaylor is changing everyday. I can't lay her down without her automatically turning over on to her stomach. She is starting to sleep on her stomach because she is so fidgety and rolls over when I put her down for bed. She is also starting to giggle out loud when we play peek-a-boo with her, I really need to catch that one on video.
I am going to add a video that I got about a week ago when I came home from the mall. Kerry was holding Kaylor in his lap reading to her. She was loving it. By the way...if any of you have kids, I signed Kaylor up for Dolly Parton's Imagination Library and it is awesome!! Every month she receives a hard back, nice book for us to read together. This month it was The Little Engine That Could. It is a great program and IT'S FREE!!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I have read several places that babies really do not pay attention to books until they are older, but I disagree. Miley Kate is the same way Kaylor is about books. She loves the pictures and she is so entertained by them. Kaylor is so cute in this video and so alert. Lately, Miley has loved the books with things to touch and feel. Oh and Miley recieved the Little Engine That Could the other day, and I was so excited. Thanks for suggesting it.

Alison said...

Courtney,

I have to tell you that this video brought tears to my eyes. That is the sweetest thing that Kerry was reading to her. What a great set of parents she has. She is just beautiful. Those eyes in that video are all you see. I can't wait for her and Maggie to be BFF.

I miss you girl!
Glad you had a good day at school!

Love,
Alison

Heather said...

That was so sweet. I also get those books. I love them! They're really nice too. Isabella loves the books that have textures on them (like animals-bunny hair, chicks feathers, elephant's skin, etc). I need to get more of those. She loves feeling them. Kaylor is adorable!

Stacey said...

So Sweet!! Gotta love Daddy time!