Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Appliqued Shirts

Kerry and I woke up to the greatest day of being a teacher-SNOW DAY!! There wasn't any snow to look at or play in, but we will take it! I can't tell you how much I love hearing the snowbird theme then reading Sumner County. I mean I love my job, but you gotta love the unexpected snow days.
Anyways, I have posted on here a couple of times about me sewing and embroidering. It is something that I have come to love. It is actually relaxing for me to sit down and make an outfit, shirt, or something for Kaylor. I have also made some things for some friends, which is rewarding to see someone else wear something you made. Some of my good friends sew as well which makes it fun to talk about it to them-like Alison (maggiemoosmom.wordpress.com) and Stacey (who just makes adorable outfits for little Kelvey). Alison and I are always talking about good fabrics to use and she has been so helpful in helping me out with my sewing projects-thanks Alison!!

Here are some things I have made lately for Kaylor and friends:
Burpcloth and Bib for a sweet little girl named Taylor.

Here is a boy's longall that I made for my good friend Ashley's son Jaxon to get his 6 months picture taken from Josh.


I could not find a shopping cart cover anywhere that I thought was very cute, so I decided to make one. It was a project, but I was very pleased when I finished. I also got to add things I wanted like a toy loop and a pocket to keep her pacifier in to use when she starts crying in the middle of Walmart :).



Finally I have been making some Christmas outfits and Appliqued Shirts. To all my mom friends out there, if you want me to make you one just let me know the size and if you want white or red. Just email me at courtney2017@yahoo.com if you want one :) They are $13.00. The turtleneck onesies I have 12month-4T. Regular long sleeve/short sleeve onesies I have newborn to 12 months.


I have some more designs that are not shown here (Christmas tree, Santa, and stocking). But here are some examples.



5 comments:

The Dovers- said...

I am so impressed! I wouldn't even know where to start when making those cute things! Good work! Seriously!

Jana

Heather said...

Great job Courtney!!! Can I order a shopping cart cover!! Seriously that is awesome!!! I am impressed too!! I still can't sew a button on!! Are you making other things?? Like a shopping cart cover!!?!?! :)

Anonymous said...

Look at you Ms. Suzy Homemaker~~~All your things are very cuutte and if I had a child I would definitely ask you to make something~~So in 20 years I hope you are still making things ;)

Kari M.

Jonathan and Ashley Wayland said...

Way to go Courtney!! I love your cute creations!! They are so adorable. I can't believe you can make that stuff. I really wouldn't even know where to begin. Oh, and I just want to add that the little 6 month old boy that was modeling the adorable outfit that you made is such a cutie!(: Thank you so much! We love it!

Aubrey and Jen said...

these are great! you need to start your own little business...let me know if you do! I'd love to order some things!!!