Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentines

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! Wasn't it fun that is was on a Saturday this year? It actually felt like a "holiday" if you want to call it that. Kerry, Kaylor, and I went to Mimi's and Gram's house to deliver a cookie from the Cookie Bouquet (my favorite :) ) and a card for them. They appreciated the gifts.
That night Kerry and I went to dinner at Amerigos. Since we had reservations we walked in and gave them our name and they said "yes, we are ready for you Mrs. West". I felt like I was a celebrity or something (you can tell we don't do that a lot), then they took us to the back room where no one else really was. For some reason they didn't have many people with reservations, and the wait was hours long. We really go to Amerigo's for the tiramisu (dessert). It was great like always! It was such a good Valentine's dinner.

On the other hand we have been dealing with a hair issue with Kaylor Brooke. Kaylor has always had a head full of hair from day one. Since the day she was born, she has grabbed her hair when she is tired or when she sleeps. She also grabs it hard when she doesn't get her way (temper). Well, I noticed within the last week that when I would go get her from her bed in the mornings, she would have some of her hair in her hand. After a couple of mornings of this I could tell her hair was thinning up top. This was SO SAD for me because I loved her little bangs. So now just the middle/front of her head is thin. I called the doctor and she said to cut her hair really short so she couldn't pull it :( So I took her to the hair salon and all of the hair dressers there came in to look at her hair and try to figure out what to do. They all decided to not do anything because the options were for her to be completely bald (which was too extreme), get a boy haircut but she still was going to be able to pull it, or have a mullet. None of those options seemed good to me so we all decided to wait and see if she pulled out any more hair. Since then, her hair has grown back somewhat and she isn't pulling at it as much. So I am hoping that this will stop. I am so glad we got her pictures made right before she decided to do this. Maybe its just a phase.

Also Kaylor is walking everywhere now. She has been trying to walk for a couple of weeks, but I didn't know when to consider it truly walking. She will walk everywhere, but when she falls she doesn't have enough strength to pick herself up. So she has to crawl to the nearest thing stand up and take off again. But everyone I talk to says that its still consider walking, so I guess she has been "walking" for over a week now. She never wants to be held anymore, she wants to get down everywhere and walk! Fun fun!!

Kaylor also loves to say "Hi" to everyone she passes--literally. We went to Target and Kohl's the other day and I promise she said hi to around 20 people. Everyone we passed would respond with "well hello there" I was laughing to myself because she loved it so much. When we were in Kohl's I was looking at some shirts where the front doors are and everytime someone would come through the doors she would yell "Hi" with the stiffed arm wave. I ended telling people when they came in that she was the greeter for Kohls. It was very funny.

Well we hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should opt for the mullet :) There is nothing wrong with them...only that they scar you for life and you will still get made fun of even in college ha

Jess said...

Courtney,
Thank you for such sweet words...I enjoy keeping up with your blog and watching your little girl grow up...she is so precious!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog...just found it!