Saturday, February 21, 2009

Playing

I have been thinking of some activities for Kaylor and I to do for her to stay busy these days. The older she is getting, obviously the more active and she is ALWAYS looking for something to be doing. My friend Nicki mentioned to me that she was taking swimming lessons with her daughter. I had thought about wanting to do that before, but didn't realize we could start now! So we signed up and are starting in a couple of weeks. My mom and sister-in-law both have pools, so I want Kaylor to be used to it before the summer gets here. So we will see how that goes!

Today we decided to go to Opryland to go see the National Turkey Hunting Convention. Kerry is a HUGE turkey hunter, and I really enjoy it myself. (Even though I have missed 2 turkeys and haven't gone in 2 years). It was still a lot of fun. Better yet when we were parking, this nice couple who were getting in to their car next to us gave us their passes to get in (savings of $16.00). We were so appreciative of that! I couldn't wait to give another couple our passes when we were walking out to make their day as well.
Here's a picture of Kaylor and Kerry before we left. Kerry put his PRIMOS hat on her to look more like an "outdoor girl".

Here we are in the hotel coming out of the convention:



Kaylor has also got in to the habit of wanting to flip the pages in all of her books; and right now she will sit and listen to you read to her for a short period of time before she gets bored. Here is Kerry reading a book to her:


And here she is carrying her baby doll around the house. She didn't want to let it go.


And for anyone who loves consignment sales and wants to donate to a great cause, here is a great thing to do. My good friend Alison's sister runs the consignment sale Encores and More North. She is also wanting to adopt a child. She is selling raffle tickets for $5.00 each. For every ticket you buy, your name is put in to a drawing. If your name is drawn, you get to shop before ANYONE and you get $100.00 to spend, and your helping her adoption fund! Here is where you can read more about it and donate.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time and Kaylor looks as cute as always!! how nice it was to get tickets from that couple! What a blessing! I can't believe that she is walking! So cute!

Nicki and Don said...

So are you two going to be in swim class with us?! How fun! Kaylor looks adorable as always. Looks like you guys are had lots of fun.