Sunday, April 5, 2009

Kaylor's 1st Birthday Party!!!!

We had a PERFECT day for Kaylor's first birthday party!!! It was a great turnout with almost 40 people! (We have a big family). The party was at Mimi's house (my mom's) and it was a perfect place to have it. I didn't realize how many little things you have to remember when it comes to planning a party. I took a TON of pictures, but I will try to narrow it down to just a few :)
I really didn't know what to do for a "theme". Well until I started planning her party, I didn't even know about themes or all of the other things that you do when planning a birthday party. So I decided to just do a polka-dot theme?? Well, to me that meant add some polka-dots to the invitations, cake, and some where in the decorations. Here is Kaylor's invitation that I used:


Here is the Birthday Girl!!


Here is the deck and the new pool at my Mom's house. I have to brag on my Dad and say that he built the brick columns, fence (thats not done), and the deck all on his own!!!

We had some GOOD Bar-b-que from Whitts!!!

She got so many great presents!!

Her yummy cake and smash cake!!

With the hat (that she refused to wear) and the bib that I made her:

Some of the guests:

Miley and Hudson


Ashley with my Dad and the "recreational" area thanks to Kristen and Marcie :) Its good to keep kids busy!

Jaxon loving the balls!

Trying to get a picture of Addison and Kaylor. They did not want to sit still:

With Mamaw (my grandmother):

Cousin Austin and Aunt Christy


Blow out the candle!!

She dove right in and said "Mmmmmmm" after she tasted the icing and cake!!


Opening presents!! She loved her Elmo Live that she got:

With my family:

Of all the things, she loved the ice from the party tub. She wouldn't leave it alone!!

Kaylor with all of her presents:

Here is the present from Mimi and Pops. Her first table and chair set!! You can see that she loves it!! Thanks Mimi and Pops!

Kaylor was worn out!!! She went to bed at 6:30 that night and slept until 7:00 the next morning!! She then took a 3 hour nap today! She never sleeps like this-promise! We had such a fun day with family and friends!!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Michael has the pictures from the party ready. I'll give them to you next week. Let me know if you want them earlier. It was a great party!

Heather said...

Courtney, you did a great job!! Everything looks so great and I love that table she got as a gift! So cute! Glad everything went well and she had a great time!

~The Taylor Family~ said...

Wow! You did a great job and I'm sure everyone had a fun day:) She looked adorable in her outfit! I'll definitely keep that in mind for Addie's bday!! Did your mom have the table/chair set made? Too cute! Looks like she won't need toys for awhile:)

Nicki and Don said...

Looks like such fun. Her cakes look great, who did them? and I love her table and chairs. You did a great job on the party.

Brea said...

I LOVE her table and chairs! Do you know where your mom got them made? ADORABLE!

TheLeidys said...

Hi, i was googling polka dot Birthday invites and came across yours. Where did you get yours done at? Thanks Lindsey
lindseyl621@gmail.com

Holley said...

hey where did you get your invitations at? they are ADORABLE!!
angelosholley@gmail.com