Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kaylor's 1st Year!!!!

Oh how I love Birthdays! Kaylor officially turned 1 today! I had such mixed emotions about it. I'll have to be honest and say for the most part that I felt sad today because Kaylor is not a "baby" anymore, she is a year old!

Being today the day that she was born also brought back memories of me having her this time last year and what I was going through. Throughout the day I would look at the clock and think "this time last year I was having her," "This time last year I was not feeling so good." To spare you the details, let me just say that I did not have an easy time getting her here. I had a couple of Baptist nurses and one doctor tell me that I was "the unluckiest patient they have ever had!" WHAT!?! The baby factory hospital told me that they have never had a patient have this much stuff go wrong with a woman in labor before?!? Kaylor was a week old before we all got to go home and she had even gained weight while she was there, which the pediatrician said that was a first too!! I didn't get to change Kaylor's diaper for the first time until she was a week old and then I didn't do it again until weeks later after that. I had no energy, my friends were not allowed to visit by doctors' orders (after the 2nd day), I was on TONS of medicine, and then I was told I had to have surgery in the months to come--it was a rough time!! But I am saying all this to say that it was seriously worth EVERY MINUTE of being scared, in pain, and exhausted. I can remember different doctors coming in (for different reasons) throughout the week while I was in the hospital telling me the "plans" for some things and I really only broke down one time. But I remember telling Kerry "at least Kaylor is healthy, it really could be worse". I would endure it all over again to know she was ok.

But enough with the drama stuff, since then I found out about a month ago that I DON'T have to have surgery!!! I was actually the 2nd patient ever to heal with what I had and I am fine! And when people ask "are you ready for another one" I can imagine the face I have with the words of "no, not anytime soon" come out of my mouth :) I need time to forget!!

However, today was GREAT!! We spent some great family time together. I baked a cake and then we all headed to the zoo!! I really thought that Kaylor wouldn't get to see much, but she actually did!!! She noticed a lot of the animals when they were on her level and she was in such a great mood all day!!!

Here are some pics from today:

Running around outside before we left. She LOVES being outside!!!



We planted this tree the week she was born. We thought it would be neat to always come back to it and know we planted it then and see how much it will grow over the years:
With Daddy leaving the zoo. She is such a Daddy's girl!!


I also thought I would post some pictures of her throughout this year to show you how much she has changed!!! It's amazing to look back at these pictures.

This was her a couple of days old in the hospital:

Here she is when we got home from the hospital:

Here are 2 pictures where Kaylor was 1 month old:




Here she is at 3 months old:


Here she is at 4 months:


6 months:

9 months:


And at 1 year old!!!!


Oh how time flies!! It has been such an AWESOME year!!!


3 comments:

joyce klein said...

Kaylor is just a beautiful little girl enjoy her they grow up way to fast. Stacey's mom

Heather said...

Courtney that was so sweet! I love looking at pictures and seeing how they change! I bet yesterday was so much fun! Sorry about all the stuff with delivering Kaylor, I remember Kevin telling us you had a rough time. YAY for healing on your own, what a blessing!! Happy Birthday Kaylor!!

~The Taylor Family~ said...

Oh, how time flies when you're having fun...most of the time:) Kaylor might have caused mommy lots of pain, but the outcome definitely was worth it! She is adorable and I'm sure a joy to have around! Happy birthday, Kaylor:) Glad u guys enjoyed the zoo. Can't wait for those days to come!!! BTW...glad ur doing well:)