Thursday, October 15, 2009

Race For The Cure

This year my mom and I decided to participate in the Race for the Cure! My friend Alison told me about it and it was something she did every year. It is the Susan G. Komen breast cancer fund raiser at Maryland Farms in Brentwood. I am sure there is someone you know that had breast cancer or has beaten breast cancer like my Aunt Tina!!! My mom, Kaylor and myself ran in her honor. She was such a warrior with it and is doing so good now! I was shocked to see how many people were there. It was very crowded and it was even hard to have room on a 4 lane street to run. At the finish line of the 5k there were 2 separate ways you could go to the finish line. One of the ways was for the survivors, and it was amazing to see them cross the finish line under a big arch way of pink balloons. It really opened my eyes to see how many people have fought the cancer and to see how many people are racing for the cure!

1 comment:

~The Taylor Family~ said...

I so wanna do something like that sometime! My sister is gonna run in another one w/my niece so I thought about doing it too. My aunt is also a breast cancer survivor for a while now! Love Kaylor's Nike Outfit...so cute!