Sunday, March 1, 2009

Busy Week

We've had a busy week!! We went to some basketball games and have also been dealing with our family passing around some kind of stomach virus. Kaylor has had an upset stomach since last Wednesday, so I think we are finally going to the doctor tomorrow. I have called and they have told me to try some different things, but nothing seems to be working. It started last Wednesday morning when Kaylor woke around 5:00. I was already up pumping (yes, I am still breast feeding) so Kerry went to go get her. All of a sudden I heard "Courtney, come here". I knew this was bad because for one he doesn't ever call me Courtney and two I could tell by his voice. I walk in to her room and she is covered head to toe in diarrhea, along with her bed sheets. So I took her in the bathroom and start taking off her clothes while Kerry is holding her. As I am doing this Kerry is dry-heaving, literally, off to the side while he is still holding her. I am laughing and saying "you have got to get it together, its just your daughter and we have to get her in the bath." She gets cleaned, but I think it is so funny that Kerry still gets sick sometimes when the diapers are bad.
Besides that Kerry and I both had alumni games to attend this week. One to Belmont and one to Lipscomb. (Isn't that funny that we went to rival colleges and rival high schools (Hendersonville/Beech). Anyways, Kerry was asked to be in a 3 point shoot out with some of the players one night this past week so we went out to support him. It was fun and Kaylor got to run around on the floor and play with basketballs.


My husband in action :) :



Here is Kaylor with Andy Wicke. Andy played for Kerry at Hendersonville and now he is plays for Belmont:


Here is Kaylor with some the players:


She loves to pick up basketballs and carry them around or attempt to bounce them. We don't want her to like basketball at all do we (ha):



On Saturday it was alumni day at Lipscomb. Here is Mimi with Kaylor watching the game:


Some of my old teammates after the game. I wish we could all hang out more often:

4 comments:

Heather said...

You seriously look great and look at Kaylor go!! I can't believe she is walking! I started laughing out loud when you talked about Kerry dry heaving, I'm sorry :), Matt does that too!
I remember back in the day when you were a freshman and I was a senior and everyone had a crush on your hubby, especially Nikki. LOL! We miss watching the Belmont/Lipscomb games on TV. :(
We have had the stomach bug too, that stuff is rough, hope Kaylor gets to feeling better.

Alison said...

Courtney,

I am so sorry to hear that you guys have been under the weather this past week. Hopefully, this week will prove better health.

Honestly...How beautiful is your mom! Go Mrs. Shirley!!! She is just glowing!

Miss you!

Heather said...

I totally meant to ask in my randomness last night if you played in the alumni game? Didn't see any pics of you playing. It was funny that you mentioned Beech/H'ville too, I was just going through a bunch of old pics last night and found alot of you in there.

Tracy said...

I love the last pic with all the Hotties in it! I miss you guys!
Kaylor looks so big!
My boys turned 5 this week! Aagghh! And we registered for kindergarden! Wowzers it goes by fast!
Miss you.......
Tracy