Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Swimming

I had previously posted about us taking swim lessons. Well, our first class was this past Monday morning and it went great! (Excluding the fact that it was FREEZING). My friends Stacey (Kelvey) and Nicki (Harper) are in the class with us, and we all were wondering why it was so cold. It looks like we will be getting a wet suit.
I didn't bring my camera, but Nicki's husband caught some great pictures behind the glass as he watched the class and Stacey got one before class started. I'm so glad we have these pictures:

This is the one I took before we left for the class:


Kaylor and Kelvey getting ready to begin:

The swim instructor took Kaylor under for the first time,
this is her before he pulled her off the side in to the water. You just let them sink and then pull them back up, kind of scary for the first time :)

We are practicing her kicking, she didn't really get this one. Maybe she will get better :)

This is Kaylor floating. She did do good with this one. I'm only putting my hands on her forehead and chin. All of the babies in the class did good with this:

She was soooo tired. This lesson was during her nap time, so by the end she was laying down on me (she never snuggles, so I knew she was extremely tired):

1 comment:

Hubbell said...

Those are great pictures. We did swimming lessons with Chase last summer and will again this summer (as long as I can before having baby#2). It took a bit to get the kicking down but the more practice, the better she will get. He does it in the tub now. Good luck!