Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Love Hand Made

As some of you know, I love to sew and embroider now. I got the urge to do this after I had Kaylor and realized you can make such cute things! Like Kerry says, its healthy to have hobbies (but I think he just says that because he likes to hunt and fish all the time, ha ha). Not only do I love to make things myself and for other people, but I love to be given things that are hand made. They really mean so much to me because I know some one took the time to sew, paint, draw, and create something just for me. I appreciate the work that is put in to something. My Grandmother quilts and has every since I was little, and she quilts the pieces by hand! I cherish those quilts now more than I ever have because I know how long and hard she worked on them. I wanted to show some things I have received lately and also things I have made for others and Kaylor:

Here is a bow holder that my friend Carrie made me a couple of weeks ago. She painted Kaylor's name by hand, I never knew she was so good at this. I loved it! :

Here is a cubed pillow toy. This was made by my friend Alison (maggie moos mom) It has bells inside and Kaylor loves to throw it and chase it all the time. It is so soft and each piece was sewn together with an added "K" just for Kaylor:


Here is something else made by Alison that I love. It is a key chain, so cute! :

Here is a pillow I made for our friend Jaxon:

An Easter outfit for Kaylor to wear around:



And lately I have been finding shorts, skirts, and pants that Kaylor will be wearing this spring and making tops to match, its been fun! :


This is why I never get to bed early!! :)

5 comments:

Heather said...

Courtney, again I am so impressed and love your work! I also love that keychain and play toy she made for Kaylor! You are so talented!

~The Taylor Family~ said...

Ok Courtney, you r gonna end up breaking me (more than I am now) with all this cute stuff!!! I love everything, but of course can't get it all! U know I love the romper like her Xmas one. If I bought Addie more clothes though, Scott wld kill me! Her closet is already crazy:)

Unknown said...

Courtney I just have to tell you that I am obsessed with all of your creations! I want to learn!! I show all of your stuff (and of course your precious Kaylor) off to everyone at work!! Hope things are great!!! Tell Kerry I said hello!!

~Mary Kathryn Rogers

The Dovers- said...

I am so impressed! I want to learn!

Asher and Amy said...

I love the bib and burp cloth. Thank you so much. I think you are starting a great hobby and will come in handy throughout your life. I am very excited for you. Have fun sewing!