Wednesday, October 1, 2008

6 Interesting Things.....

O.K. So I am continuing what Alison did about saying 6 interesting things about myself. Since our blog is mostly about the milestones of Kaylor I thought I would change it up a bit. So here it is:

1. I can walk on my hands...yes like a gymnast. Now, I have not tried this since I've had a baby, but I used to walk on my hands across a whole gymnasium. I never was a cheerleader (ha!) or a gymnast, but for some reason I can walk on my hands.

2. I debated on mentioning this, but I have so much pride in the fact that I played in the NCAA tournament. Now, I didn't play at a huge DI school or anything (a small one) and that is why I think it was awesome that we were in the tournament with Vandy, Rutgers, and UTC. This happened my junior year in college and it was the best experience that I have ever had in athletics. I love thinking of us playing on national television and people saying "Who is Lipscomb?" Go Bisons!!! :)

3. I have secretly, well not really because my college teammates always told me to do this, wanted to be a news anchor. Yes, I love Holly Thompson's Job! (I see her at Wal-Mart occasionally and look at her and think "what an awesome job you have!") When I was a little girl I would set up a video camera and talk in to it like a newscaster. Now I couldn't imagine not being a teacher, but we always think of that other profession we would like to do.

4. I love technology! I have a knack for fixing computers, televisions, and dvd players. I love messing with it until I fix it. My family always call me (instead of Kerry, hehehehehe!) to come over and look at something that is wrong with their tv or computer. I don't know why I enjoy fixing those things so much, but I do.

5. I have been a front row audience member on the Oprah show, well 2 shows in one day!! My goal for a long time was to go to the Oprah show. So a few years ago my friend Carrie and I flew up to Chicago and went to the show (I did try for many hours to get tickets). Determined to get a good seat, I showed up in a Chicago alley at 5:30 a.m. and Carrie and I were the first ones in line! After fighting our way in with psycho (and I mean psycho) Oprah fans, the Producer called us over and asked us to sit in the front row, which was reserved for guests, for 2 tapings of the show!! It was like the producer knew how much I wanted to do that! We sat next to Oprah's aunt and uncle who were on the show that day and it was awesome!! I almost passed out when Oprah walked out for the first time. We were literally feet in front of her during the whole taping. I did get to say a couple of sentences to her during one commercial break. It was awesome!!

6. I used to work at Starbucks in Green Hills. One summer I stayed in Green Hills and worked at the Starbucks with some of my teammates from college. We had so much fun!! Just never ask me how many calories are in a frappuccino :(

There it is! These girls are next:

Ashley W.
Heather R.
Kristen H.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Girl, brag about your experience in the NCAA tourn.!!!! I know I would if I had played in it!! :) I wish I would have gone on and played back in the day, even if it was at a small community college, not that Lipscomb is. And I so remember watching the play at the end of the game where you saved the day for your team!!! I can't remember which game though. Go girl!!!
That makes me laugh about Holly Thompson, Matt and I taught youth classes with her and her husband at church! She is so sweet. You wanna take me rock climbing one day?? Didn't you do that, do I remember that from a slide show at your wedding?? I will get on this ASAP!! Great list!! Never knew you to be into technology that much! Ok this is a long comment, so I will stop! Is Kaylor sitting up yet??

Alison said...

Courtney,

Thanks for playing along! These were so fun to read! I knew some of those things, but it is always great to learn new things about friends!

Can't wait to see you soon! Too Country sometime soon?

Alison